Monday, April 20, 2009

26 Weeks

26 weeks has finally arrived. It is a huge milemarker for me. With Maddy and Morgan my water broke at 24 weeks but I was able to stave off actual labor until 26 weeks. At that point I developed an infection and had an emergency C-section. I delivered two tiny girls weighing in at just 1lb. 13oz and 1lb. 14oz. The first time I saw them in person they were scary tiny. Their skin was translucent and they had tubes and wires coming from everywhere. Despite their tiny structure they were pefect and beautiful and wonderfully mine. I was in love instantly and forever.

Today I saw my third daughter, my youngest, my final baby; this time it was on an ultrasound machine in my doctor's cozy office instead of the cold and sterile NICU. This time I looked on in excitement instead of fear and listened intently as the ultrasound tech checked off each feature and bone and organ on a list with a "perfect today" rating. She looked at her fluid and her umbilical cord. She looked at her femurs and her heart and spine, her kidneys and her tiny feet. She said everything, including my cervix looks perfectly perfect at this moment and there is no reason to expect delivery anytime soon.

We are so excited with this news and are looking forward to several more weeks of normal pregnancy. We have picked a name for our third daughter and here is her sweet picture from todays visit.

Kayleigh Noelle at 26 weeks 1 day gestation. Estimated weight 1lb. 10oz.

P.S. This ultrasound profile is almost identical to Maddy's profile ultrasound from 20weeks. From the tip up of her little nose, little lips, to the forhead curve, they are literally identical. I wonder if this means she will favor daddy just like her big sister. Guess we will find out in July.

No comments: