Thursday, September 21, 2006

Hi Ho Hi Ho ... Off to work we go!

Today I took the girls to eat lunch with Mimi (my mom). We had huge Greek salads sitting on the patio of the restaurant. Today was another beautiful day outside. The girls have really been enjoying the fresh air and sunshine. After lunch we headed back over to mom's work to show the babies off. They were the hit of the office and Maddy even tried to make herself useful by picking papers out of the shred bin and then putting them back in it. I think she really thought she was doing something great. Everybody at mom's work just oohed and aahed over them, telling me over and over how beautiful they are. It made our day.

After leaving there I took the girls to BabiesRUs to pick up a few things we needed and ended up getting a few extra things, including a baby swing. It takes about fourty-five minutes to get home and the girls slept all the way. They were so tired from all the excitement. When we got home I layed them down for a nap but they wouldn't hear of it. I guess all that snoozing in traffic was all they needed. So I took the playpen and set it up in the front yard. I took a couple of toys and two very happy babies outside to play some more.

We have an ancient swing set frame in our front yard. It has been here since before we moved in and that was several years ago. It is missing most of the actual swing set equiptment but it is still in sturdy enough shape to be used. I hooked the girls new swing to it, which was extremely easy. I put Maddy in it first and she had a blast going back and forth. Then when she looked weary I switched her out of it and put Morgan in it. They had so much fun, wind in their hair.

William usually gets off around 8ish at night but today he went in earlier than usual and got off about six. When he came home we were still outside playing and he and I moved the old swingset frame across the yard to the other side of our house, that way we would have more privacy when we play outside. After we moved it, he got on one of the old seesaw seats and swung back and forth with Maddy. She loved that too. I of course took pictures.

Now we are inside getting ready to settle in for the night. Both Maddy and Morgan are exhuasted from the long day. Morgan is actually laying on the floor throwing a whiny tantrum right now and Maddy is just whining and playing with her toys. I think we might be putting two little angels to bed early tonight, but that is okay too I guess.

It was such a fun day. I am so glad it is fall now and we can actually get outside and not bake to a crisp. I love this new fall air. Someone told me today that tomorrow is the official first day of fall? Woohooo!

Lunch! Yummy, yummy ...
Helping Mimi at work!
Playing Outside at home :)
Oh Daddy, you're SO silly!
P.S. Can you believe I actually blogged twice, TWICE, in one day! Yay, for me!

4 comments:

Emmakirst said...

Awwww, they are so cute. I love the dimples :) That reminds me I should get a baby swing for our swing set, Ava just loves the little one in the house, now that the weather is cooler outside she'd love it out there too :)

Tonya said...

YAY @ blogging twice in one day! It is great that the girls are getting out and having so much fun!! The pictures are great :) your mom is gorgeous.. she doesn't look like a grandmother thats for sure.. lol

What The Hell Is This? said...

awww sweetie.. they are getting so big!!!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had such a good day. Those girls sound like real charmers. And Tonya's right about your mom. It's hard to believe she could be a grandma.