Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Up To

Well things haven't been all bad lately. I know I was bummed with my last post and then with good intentions I promised some new pics, so that is what I am going to do.

We are feeling much better here in our household. We have been up to lots of fun things lately and none of it has alloted any leftover time for the computer so that is why this blog has been so lacking, that and the fact that I am chasing two VERY mobile little girls around and around all day.

Lets see, we've been playing hard . . . .
We've spent some time out on our new swingset in the backyard. That has been really fun. Maddy especially gets a kick out of being pushed back and forth. It seems to relax Morgan more than thrill her but she loves it anyway.
Maddy is up and off all the time now. She is walking everywhere. She stumbles a lot but when she falls she pops right back up and keeps on going.

We've been shopping a little . . . .
We got new booster seats for the kitchen. They are big hits with the girls, especially since they are eating all kinds of yummy new foods now. Just this morning the girls shared french toast sticks cut up into tiny pieces and they have been eating fruit puffs and crackers and soup and all kinds of yummy big girl foods.
They also got some great new clothes. I hit a local consignment sale and really racked up on fall clothes and pjs for them.

We've spent time with family . . . .

We spent all day Saturday with my dad. We visited with my grandparents and really had a fantastic time. Since Thursday is my birthday my dad bought me a new purse and some shoes. It was such a nice low key day.
We also took time to go to the fair twice. The first time wasn't so bad but the second time was nothing to write about. It was so hot and miserable and way too crowded to have a good time. These pictures are from our first trip with Aunt Melissa.

And a few more things that we have done but failed to document with camera . . . .

We took Morgan to the neurologist. He was overall very positive but does want to schedule and MRI and EEG on her sometime soon. Melissa went with me to the appointment to help with Maddy. The doctor took one look at Maddy and called her a firecracker. He said they both looked wonderful for being as premature as they were. He said that Maddy is walking very early and that is really good for her. He said Morgan didn't seem to have any major muscle tone issues to worry about yet and that was extremely exciting news for me.

Also I joined a mom's group. It is for stay at home moms for my area. I went to a "carnival" to meet all the other moms and decided while I was there to give it a shot. It is only $20.00 dues for the entire year and they have activities each week to go to. All of them are child friendly. Some of the more mom geared activities they even provide childcare for and the others are like playdates at the park and visits to the zoo and ect. I think it will do me some good to get out of the house more and be around other stay at home moms. I am really looking forward to hopefully making some new friends.

So that is what we have been up to. Hopefully this week I will be able to find time to update more often and maybe snap a couple of new pictures to post. Gotta go feed the babies now :)

7 comments:

What The Hell Is This? said...

You are a better person than me for fighting the fair.. lol.. Looks like you are having some fun..

Give 'em hugs for me.

Mandy said...

Great pics! My girls love french toast sticks too.

Anonymous said...

They look so happy in their swings. I'm glad the weather is holding out for all these outdoor activities. It sounds like you guys have been busy having fun!

Hechung said...

Cheers for all the good news. You do so many cool things with your girls. What a great mommy you are!

Silly Hily said...

Wow. I can't believe how big they are getting. Amazing.
Good luck with the stay at home moms group. That sounds like fun.

Most importantly though.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I hope you have a fabulous day.

Becci said...

thanks for the update!!

Anonymous said...

We have those same boosters. I love them.

I hope all goes well.