Monday, November 27, 2006

Happy Happy Thanksgiving

We have been so busy around here. William was off for the holiday and we had a nice four day weekend together. We really tried to pack in the family time. He has been working six day weeks for months and months and the time together was such a relief. Thursday I cooked Thanksgiving dinner all by myself down at my dads. I made a ton of food and the turkey turned out perfect. It was golden and juicy. I was afraid before it finished that it was going to be like the turkey in "Christmas Vacation", but thankfully it wasn't.

Maddy and Morgan have been sick since last week. They ran fever all last week and we ended up at the doctor's office last Wednesday. Maddy had a double ear infection and Morgan they said had fever from shots she had had two weeks prior? Thanksgivng day was kinda rough with Morgan, she ran fever all day and was really puny. She really wasn't up for all the festivities and ended up sleeping away most of the day.

Friday both girls perked up and were feeling so much better. We layed around the house most of the day but in the afternoon we took the girls to a Christmas Event here in our town. It benefits the hospital they were in the NICU at and it had all these animated animals and lights to walk the children through. It was indoors, though it wouldn't have mattered since it was such a gorgeous day outside here. Maddy and Morgan loved the exhibit and we walked through it twice so they could get a good look at all the animals. It was exactly the same as I had remembered it from when I was a little girl. We didn't however see Santa there. Because they had been so sick I was wary of more germs. So we just pushed them around in their stroller. After that we headed home and spent the rest of the evening relaxing and working on a puzzle.

Saturday, William woke me up at 9am and asked me if I wanted to take some of our "junk" to the flea market up the road to sell. We haven't done this sort of thing since before I was pregnant. It is really a lot of stuff to get together and seemed too hard to throw together at the last minute. But it was such a pretty day outside and William really wanted to go because his brother was there. So he packed it all up in his nephew's truck and I packed up the girls and the playpen. It was a lot of fun and we made $152.00 in 4 1/2 hours. They do say that "one man's junk is another man's treasure" I was glad we cleaned out some space in our barn and excited to have enough money to get our Christmas stuff out of layaway.

Yesterday we spent the day at home. I wanted to go to church but we aren't able to put the girls in the nursery during RSV season and we didn't line up a sitter. I went to Walmart and got groceries and William worked on his car. The girls played all day and literally had toys scattered from one end of the room to the other. They had a blast but were exhausted by 7:30pm. William and I finished our puzzle and watched a sad sappy Hallmark movie on tv. It was a nice quiet end to our "vacation" weekend.

It was so much fun. I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving holiday. I know this year was more exciting for me because I realized just how very much I have to be thankful for. I look at my two little girls and my heart wants to explode with love for them. I look at them and literally see how much God must love me to have blessed me this much. It was a wonderful thanksgiving for us and I really hope it was for you too.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Glad to hear you had such a good thanksgiving and glad your turkey turned out perfect.. I have never cooked a turkey in my life.. it would be like "Christmas vacation" lol.. Sorry to hear the girls were not well but glad to hear they are feeling better now :) Getting some good quality family time in there makes the world of difference!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that you had a great weekend with your family. I know that having William home for the long weekend made all the difference. I hope that Morgan and Maddy are doing better with every day that passes. Love you and your family, Mommy

What The Hell Is This? said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday.. WOW.. and you do have so much to be thankful for.. those are two precious earthly angels that are absolutely amazing.