Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Keeping My Word

Where are the cutie pie pictures I promised you, you ask? Well let me tell you about my week so far.

Monday I tried, really I did! I tried to go to blogger to post those promised pics but for some reason the internet wouldn't even take me to the blogger website. I tried again and again to no avail. Finally I gave up for Monday.

Tuesday I was able to get to my blog page and even to the create screen. I uploaded two pictures that I wanted to show you and even managed to get them on there with cute captions for each but .... when I went to post, blogger said that there was a technical error with my HTML code and since I couldn't for the life of me figure out what they were talking about. I hadn't messed with the code at all ... I gave up for Tuesday.

Today is Wednesday and I am here. See I am really here! And when you hear about my night you will be SO PROUD of me. I just know it. You see Maddy and Morgan have come down sick. Remember that nasty cold/flu that I had two weeks ago, well they have it now. Not to be too graphic but we are in full on sucking snot mode here. I called the ped. yesterday because only Morgan was sick. I told the nurse that she had a goopy runny nose and a wet cough. No fever, no other strange symptoms, the nurse told me to give her yellow triaminic. I had already been giving her Benadryl with some relief and tylenol just to prevent fever. But the nurse wanted me to just give her the Triaminic instead.

So last night William and I loaded the girls up and went to Walmart. I bought the Tropical Yellow Triaminic which listed a decongestant and sudafed like ingredient. We came home and gave the girls the Triaminic. It was about 10pm then. At 2am we finally were all asleep in our bed. I was sitting up against the headboard with Morgan asleep on my shoulder. If I relaxed at all and slid down in the bed she would start hacking and choking on the goop. We finally dozed off around 2am. William was holding Maddy because by that point she too was sounding rough and running like a faucet. At 3:33am. I woke up to two very sick babies. No one in the bed was getting any rest and no one could relax. I was drifting in and out of uncomfortable sleep and was seriously annoyed that I couldn't sleep for consecutive amounts of time. So I got up and got out the phone book. I swear it took me six calls to find a stupid 24 hour Walgreens that actually had a 24 hour Pharmacy. Isn't that the point of Walgreens, to be a pharmacy, especially an after hours pharmacy? The only one I reached a live pharmacist at was in the worst area of town but I was so glad to be talking to a human that I could've cared less. I asked the lady if I could give the kids triaminic and benadryl and she said that was fine. So I gave the girls both Benadryl. Needless to say we were ALL awake by this point and the girls were still feeling puny. We ended up staying up till about 6:45 when we all went back to our big bed and tried the sleep thing again. At some point William put Maddy in her crib and we all slept till about 9am. The phone woke us up.
How many hours of scattered sleep did I actually get? Not quite 4!

So aren't you proud that I am even on here? That I am even forming hopefully coherent sentences? I made the girls a bottle earlier and instead of putting the cap on it I kept trying to put the lid to the formula on top of it. Melissa was here and she was like "Um, Mandy, I don't think that is going to fit?"

I am tired to say the least and the girls are not :) They are still sick and Morgan is so pitiful that when I attempt to put her in her crib she just pitches the biggest fit and then that leads to gobs of goop on her face and choking and then in the end I go get her up and hold her.

Some updates I was wanting to tell you about.

Maddy is walking now. I mean not just taking steps but actually walking from one object to another. I was laying on the couch yesterday watching t.v. and she walked right across in front of me. I swear it took me several split seconds to even wrap my mind around what I was seeing. Since then she has been casually walking from object to object in the room as if it were something she'd been doing for months. I noticed that if the objects are too far apart she will start out walking but them stumble a little and crawl the rest of the way. But the big deal is that her confidence is up enough that she starts out walking without any prompting from us.

Morgan's second tooth is breaking through the skin today. So I am counting it as today and am going to fill in her baby book today. She is no longer only a one tooth wonder kid :) Morgan is talking up a storm now. She says "Mama" and "Daddy" and all versions of that. She has started saying "No" and "Yes" and "Hi, pronounced 'I'" and "Hey, prounounced 'A'" and sometimes "Bye" Also Morgan stood up on Monday. During her physical therapy they got her to stand in the middle of the room without propping or supporting on anything. This was the first time she has ever done that. We were so proud.

I am going to attempt to post some pictures now. Hopefully it will work. Here goes:

Morgan stands at couch during therapy - (last week)

(this week)


Maddy and Morgan during PT this past week.
Will perform for bubbles!


Maddy shows off her new fall clothes for the camera.
Doesn't she look all grown up in jeans :)

4 comments:

Heather Noel said...

Stupied colds!! My little one has it too, goopy snot and all. I hope they get to feeling better real soon. Love the pictures, they sure are cuties.

Mommy Of Two said...

Hey Girls Sissy Is So Proud Of Yall. You Both Are Growing to Fast. I Love you both see you soon.

Kathy said...

Eww, yuck. Snot. I'm just so glad they were kind enough to hold off on getting the icky colds until yours was gone. The only thing worse than taking care of two sick babies is taking care of two sick babies while you're sick!

Becci said...

Ugh colds are yucky!

But look at those cute girls!!