Thursday, August 17, 2006

Under the Weather

I am still sick! I am suspecting that I have the flu on top of a head cold or something like that. Could be a sinus infection and ear infection. My ears are popping regularly and I am dizzy when I stand from the fluid in them. I am, to say the least, pretty miserable and today marks a full week that I have been under the weather. I plan on going to the doc tomorrow if I don't feel any better by then.

I haven't felt like blogging. I have barely felt like getting out of the bed and moving to the couch, but since William has been working LOOONNNGGG hours everyday this week I have had to at least make the attempt to get to the couch and let the girls play on the floor in front of me. Maddy isn't really feeling great either. Neither baby came down with the suspected stomach bug that Aubree had but something is definately up with Maddy. She is clingy as ever, I mean to the point of clutching my shirt and crying if I even step over the baby gate to go to the bathroom. She is sleeping a lot and when up she mostly wants me to hold her and she lays her head on my chest or shoulder. She is drooling a lot so I am hoping it is teething but I am worried she is getting this junk that I've got.

A few things that have happened this week. Morgan cut her first tooth yesterday. She is so cute. She keeps sticking her tongue out to feel it and so she looks like a lizard. :) She also is doing really good with our new PT. On Monday the therapist got her to cruise the furniture for the first time and she has been doing it ever since. She also stood up against the couch without holding on for a while while the PT let her pop bubbles.

Maddy is still taking steps to walk. She is more and more confident with her newfound freedom and is regularly standing in the middle of the room without holding on to anything around her. She will pull up on something and then let go and stand there for a really long time. Today Melissa came by and was on the floor feeding the girls some bananas and Maddy just stood in the floor and ate. I am really excited about her starting to walk. I am proud of her and it feels good to know that the gap between her corrected age and her chronological age is beginning to close.

Morgan has an appointment with a neurologist on September 22nd. I hate that the appointment is so far away but that was the first one available. I am ready to get that over with.

Well back to the couch. Just this little bit of typing has my head pounding. When I get to feeling better I will catch up on all my blog reading and commenting and I hopefully will get back in the swing of things here and start posting daily again.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Sorry to hear you are still sick Mandy.. *hugs* I have hardly been blogging myself.

Emmakirst said...

Awwww, I'm sorry you are feeling sick. I hope you feel better soon. Yay on the progress the girls are making. Take care. :)