Tuesday, March 21, 2006

More Peas Please



Who knew? Morgan loves peas! All this time I have been avoiding giving the babies green beans and peas. My original intention was to give them more veggies than fruits in hopes to create in them a true love for vegetables, but when push came to shove, I just wanted to spoil them with sweets. I gave them bananas and pears and peaches (their favorite) and on the rare occasion that the guilt got to me I would give them sweet potatoes and carrots and squash - all orange. I was truly avoiding the green. So tonight I thought, enough is enough, time to break out the REAL veggies. So I bravely heated up the green peas, the only jar I had in the cupboard. I put a big bib on Morgan and prepared myself for the worst. The first couple of bites made me glad I was wearing green and standing next to a sink. She took them in and spit them at me. I laughed because I couldn't help but laugh - it was so cute. Then I tried again. This time she gobbled them down and opened her mouth for more. My baby (babies) are so SMART! It must be all the brain food I feed them :). Since my sweet girl is now an official fan of the green stuff I guess I have to run to the grocery and get some more peas to please.

No comments: