Thursday, March 30, 2006

Practice Makes Perfect

Well it has been a crazy week so far. Last night I met up with Melissa at my mom's house and we took the girls around the neighborhood. We are preparing for the March of Dimes WalkAmerica that is coming up at the end of April. It is a four mile walk and I am in NO shape to walk four miles. So yesterday, being the beautiful day that it was, I packed the girls up and met Melissa with the stroller. We went one mile and it was killer. I don't think we even made it one block before I started whining about the stroller being too heavy. Then we rounded another corner and it was all uphill. Half way up the hill, which was no more of an incline than a driveway, I started saying I needed mountain climbing gear. You know the kind with the pully and ropes. It was tough. I hope I'll be ready by the time the walk gets here. It's not looking to good at this point!

Melissa and I followed our workout with a trip to Target. I never can resist looking in the baby department and I have a hard time not buying something for the girls, especially cute clothes. Now that the babies are in regular sizes I can buy anything. When they were in preemie and newborn there was such a limited selection. But now there is so much more to choose from and sometimes I just can't resist. I was proud of myself though because I did resist and I only wound up buying them more bottles. After that I got right back on track with my original shopping list.

After Target, we headed to Chili's to eat dinner and replace all those calories we burned up on the slopes :) The food wasn't that great last night for me or Melissa but it didn't really matter because we had such a good time. Maddy and Morgan were in really good moods and they were so cute. They were in footy pj's when we got there and they were sweaty so I ended up stripping them down right there at the dinner table, putting them in onesies. It didn't matter, it wasn't very crowded. Then we played with toys and Maddy flirted tirelessly with the young guy at the table behind us. It was really cute. I told Melissa that this was a sign that William and I are going to have our hands full when she gets older.

No comments: