Saturday, March 18, 2006

A Worthy Cause


Today Melissa and I took the babies to the March of Dimes Family Kickoff. I have become fairly involved in the March of Dimes since the girls came home from the hospital. I am so greatful to them because without them I know my sweet girls wouldn't be here. It was nice to be around other parents who have been through some of the same trials you have been through. It is nice to know that you aren't alone. We were one of the newest families there and it was comforting to see other preemies who are now older and bigger and meeting the milestones of their peers. The girls had in-home therapy this week three times and while the therapists were here I felt so overwhelmed. I thought "Will they ever catch up to other kids?" and "How are we going to get through all of this?" and "Will they be normal one day? Will it get easier in time?" Seeing all the other kids today helped put me more at ease. We are so blessed. The girls had a rough start but overall it could have ended up so much worse. March of Dimes is a wonderful cause and I think any mother, whether her babies were preemies or not, can appreciate all the hard work they do. View our website for more information or to see how you can help us raise money for this worthy cause. http://www.walkamerica.org/maddyandmorgan

No comments: