Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Babies First ... Fight


Yesterday morning while playing on the floor together, Maddy and Morgan got into their first fight. Maddy had a rattle and Morgan saw it. She grabbed it from her sister's hands. Maddy grabbed it back. Morgan lunged for it again and this time put it up to her mouth. Maddy got up on her knees and crawled to her sister and took it back. I was watching from the couch to see how far they would take it. Morgan mad that sissy had the rattle she wanted, started to cry and grabbed one end of it in a tug of war. Maddy held on.

Both girls are getting much more able to grab and hold onto things now.

So the battle continued. By this point both girls were whining and crying. I honestly felt torn. Thinking, "Who do I give it to? Maddy had it first but Morgan really loves that toy." In the end I separated them and gave them each a new toy. They were happy again. At this point once it is out of their direct line of sight they forget it ever even existed.

Today the girls are back to being sweet sisters and playing nicely. At this very moment Morgan is in her bouncy seat and is jumping up and down in it. Maddy is on the floor beside her crawling around after toys on the ground. Maddy is laughing hysterically at Morgan being silly. They really are good babies and they really are starting to notice each other. They reach for each other and in bed we put them at opposite sides of the crib and they scoot together in the middle. Sometimes if one doesn't scoot to the middle the other one goes all the way to her sister's side to be close to her. They hold hands and comfort each other when one is crying. They touch each other's face. If one baby is in the living room crying and the other is in bed, the one in bed cries out to her sister.

I love having twins. In all its challenges and as tiring as it is trying to entertain two bouncing baby girls, it is truly a blessing. They make my life worth living. When I look at them individually or together I wonder sometimes what I ever did right to deserve something as absolutely perfect as they are.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

aww the first fight between twins..lol Im sure you will get alot of that in the future :)

Its great that they are holding things alot better!! I was so excited with every little thing Randie did!! It such a big accomplishment you feel so proud to be their mum!

I know how you feel about making your life worth living.. I think that very thing everytime I look at Randie!!

Tonya said...

Mandy.. I read your message on my blog and put this together for you :)

http://www.photos.bundook.com/mm2wins.jpg