Sunday, April 02, 2006

Waiting for the Storm to Pass


William and I are watching channel 3 news right now from my mom's couch. Morgan is in her crib here at my mom's and Maddy is in a playpen in the living room with us. Our house is in hot pink on the doppler radar at this very moment. I am so greatful that we are here in Bartlett and not in that tiny house of ours with the babies. Our house has no interior rooms. Every room has at least one outside wall. I am still very worried about Jenny and Kitty. Jenny hates storms and usually shakes and sheds.

Earlier tonight we heard the sirens going off here in Bartlett and William and I took the girls and got in my mom's pantry which is under her stairs. It was a tight squish but it was nice to have somewhere safe to go. We are still here because the radar on the news shows another cell of storms coming straight for us and we figured we would be safer here than at our house. My mom and Scott are already in bed because they have to get up early tomorrow to go to work and William is beside me asleep on the couch.

I am so tired and ready to go home but I would rather be safe than sorry. Those protective mommy instincts are strong because if we didn't have the girls, we would probably be at home in bed right now.

No comments: