Monday, April 17, 2006

Beautiful Weekend

We had a nice weekend. Friday night I took the girls down to MS to see my dad. We went to dinner at this Country Buffet on Goodman. Good food and the people were nice but everyone bombarded us, wanting to get a look at the twins. It got to the point of being ridiculous. I mean sometimes I just want to tell people bluntly to leave us alone. You would think the babies are superstars. Everyone wants to look at them and several times I have been asked by perfect strangers if they can hold one of them. I am thinking "No, you can't hold them. I don't even know you". I smile and am nice even while I am thinking all of this in my head. I know that people don't mean any harm and they are just curious. It's just annoys me sometimes because I want to eat my dinner while it is still warm, you know?
After dinner we went down to my uncles house and showed the girls off to them. It was the first time they had seen them and it was fun. My grandparents came to see us too.

Saturday, Tim and Beth came over around noon and we ended up grilling out ribs. It was so much fun. We put a blanket on the lawn and took the Pack N Play outside. I made cole slaw and deviled eggs and baked beans. I bought potato salad because pregnant Beth was craving it. We played Monopoly and Scattegories while William grilled everything. Then we ate outside picnic style and watched the cops pull over speeders on the highway. They had a speed trap going by our house (as usual). Beth's mom, Nora, and her brother Keith and Adam came later and ate too.

Sunday, we took the babies to church at Crosspointe Baptist. Patrick and Chella and their kids and Tim and Beth and Adam all came too. It was nice going to church as a big family. We took up a whole pew. Then afterwards we went to Chella and Patrick's for lunch. The guys played badmitten (sp?) outside and the girls sat around inside and talked and played with the babies.
When we got home last night William and the girls were exhausted so they all went to sleep while I cleaned house.

Because I cleaned last night, today my house is clean and the girls right now are napping and I almost don't know what to do with myself. I guess I am on here writing this update since I have free time. Here is a picture taken from this morning. Maddy is playing in her bouncy thing. She is getting so big!

No comments: