Friday, April 14, 2006

A Day in My Life

This is my day. Really, this is everything that I have done so far today. So I guess technically it is half of my day.

1. Got up and went into the girls room. Morgan and Maddy are laying in their crib looking up at me with giant smiles on their faces. We do this every morning. It is a great feeling when your daughters stare up at you first thing in the morning and the world is still in slow motion because the commotion around you hasn't started and then they smile their sweet baby smiles at you and you think to yourself "Today is going to be a good day".

2. Take babies to kitchen. Strap Morgan into highchair and feed them rice cereal with applesauce. Morgan is in the highchair and Maddy is standing bare chested bare footed on top of the washing machine screaming for every other bite. William feeds Morgan a bite and then sneaks Maddy a bite. Maddy gets so excited she starts stomping her feet. (I am holding onto her so she doesn't fall) Morgan eats her portion and then we put Maddy in the highchair to finish up the jar. She ends up covered in tan goo.

3. Fill the bathtub with warm, not too hot water. Took Maddy Moo and got in the tub with her. Yep, I pull out all the new toys (see yesterday's post) that the UPS guy brought yesterday and we play to our hearts content. While Maddy is lunging herself forward at the bright green hippo floating by I am stealthily trying to soap up her head and neck with baby wash. Afterall, there was a point to the bath besides just playing with our new toys!

4. Maddy is done and Honeybunny wraps her in big white towel, takes her to the bed and brings me back baby number two, Morgan Bear. Bath time is like an assembly line in this house. And the process starts all over. Morgan isn't as excited about bath time but once I introduce her to the floating xylophone she gets into it. I soap her up more quickly and holler for Dad to come and get her.

5. Shave my legs (for the first time this week), bathe, and get myself out of tub.

6. Feeling on top of the world. Daddy is getting ready for work.

7. Mom calls and while I am balancing a baby and talking to her, I get William to sign our ammended tax return, put it in an envelope. Stamp it and send him out the door with a kiss.

8. Put Maddy Moo and Morgan Bear in bed for their morning nap! Yeah, is it finally ME time?!!?!!?

9. Charla arrives for make up therapy session. I wake the girls up around noon to visit with her. We play hard with both babies. Charla brought the girls new clothes from Baby Gap for Easter. They are so cute. She gives Morgan her old cell phone to play with and Morgan has a blast. Morgan loves the phone already. Maddy shows Charla that she can tummy surf on the glider ottoman. She thinks she is too cool. :)

10. Charla leaves. Maddy and Morgan are tuckered out. I put them down for a second nap. I make bottles and put Morgan in her crib with a bottle and Maddy in the pack n play with a bottle.

11. Maddy is stirring. I don't think she slept but 15 minutes. But I look over from my desk and she is rolling over onto her tummy all the while trying to pry her rattle from between the mattress and the side of her playpen. I am just relieved she isn't crying or whining.

12. Man I hate that. Just when you celebrate that your child is playing quietly by herself and not needing you to constantly juggle to entertain her you smell it. Yep, you smell it. You realize that in that time that she was being so quiet she was "concentrating"! I walk over to the pack n play to survey the damage. Mind you, I was half way across the room when the smell of something unpleasant wafted my way.

13. I pick her up and think it is just a simple poopy diaper and I lay her on the couch. Since Maddy is a rolling machine these days, I do a little dance to reach the diapers. I stand in the middle of the living room on one foot. The other foot is extended to its max toward the couch to prevent Maddy from rolling off onto the floor. Success, I reach the diaper and come back to the couch and thats when I see it. A stain is on her pink onesie. Uggh. Maddy has done a doozy. I now have to strip her down and try to keep poop out of her hair. Remember earlier when I was talking about bath time. Now I am wondering why I gave her a bath in the first place.

14. I peel her clothes off and set them on the floor. I grab the wipes and go to town with them. I use a ton of them to basically give her her second bath for the day and am now satisfied that my baby is back to smelling mostly like a baby again. She is completely naked laying on the couch but she is clean ... well until she decides to decorate mommy by peeing on me and the couch. I wasn't fast enough to catch her with the diaper I grabbed but I attempt to anyway and end up covered in and sitting in a puddle and now the diaper I contorted myself to get is soaked too and I have to do another dance to get a second one.

15. Maddy is clean again and although I still haven't put a new onesie on her she is happy. Her mission accomplished. I put her in her swing and turn it on and then I go change my clothes.

16. I come back to the computer. Maddy is still swinging and Morgan is still sleeping (angel baby). I look up at some papers piled at the edge of my desk and notice something is moving. It is a big black huge wasp trying to wiggle himself out of my paper stack. I race across the room and grab William's flip flops. Last year when I would see a wasp, I would run to the other room and shut myself inside until it was gone or William could come home and kill it. I am terrified of the things. But today my baby is sitting in the room with much skin exposed. So I grab the shoe and bat at the thing until I kill him. It takes many whacks before I am satisfied it is dead. I scoop it up in some toilet paper and flush it down. Satisfied. I am a hero!

17. It is 3:45 now. William has been at work for half of a day and we have four hours to go until it is the weekend. Looking forward to that. Going to go juggle now!

2 comments:

Tamfish said...

I stumbled across your blog while doing "random reading" at work....

Your babies are ADORABLE! How blessed you are :o)

Mandy said...

Thank you so much. Your comment made my day :)