Saturday, July 15, 2006

Friday = Fun Filled Day!

Yesterday was so busy, but so much fun at the same time. In the morning Melissa came over to play with the girls and watch the Big Brother episode from the night before. We had lunch and had a nice time.

Then at two I packed the girls up and we drove to my cousin Carrie's mom's house to swim. It was a blast. The girls really do seem to love the water. They splashed and played to their hearts content and poor little Morgan wore herself out and fell asleep in her floaty. I had to finally dry her off and take her in for a nap. Maddy wanted nothing of a nap, she wanted to splash! The water was so refreshing on such a hot hot day and it was so nice to be with my cousin again. We have been trying to get together to do something since we had lunch several weeks ago, but things have just kept popping up, keeping us apart. I took a few pictures at the pool of the girls and her girls Alexis and Tori. They are so cute!

Maddy, just hangin' out in the pool!

About six we headed toward my mom's house. Since William worked perfect hours yesterday and actually got off at 6pm instead of 8pm, I asked mom if she would watch the girls overnight so we could go on a date night. I dropped them off at their Mimi's (where they are still at right now) and then headed home to meet William. We ended up going to Shogun which here is a hibatchi style Japanese restaurant. The food was delicious.

Then we went to see the 9:45 showing of "You, Me, and Dupree". It was okay. I mean it was pretty good, but not quite what I was expecting. I was thinking that I was going to laugh my head off but it wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. I think I would have rather seen "Pirates of the Carribean 2" and watched "Dupree" on DVD. But nevertheless, we had a nice time, even holding hands and being all snuggly toward each other throughout the night. It was so nice to finally have some couple time, although William and I desperately missed the girls.

We got home from the movies after midnight which is probably the first time we've been out that late since before we were married (minus the late night trips to the NICU last year) By the time we made it home we were both racing to the bed - to sleep. I think I was asleep before my head even touched the pillow. I was so tired. So much for romance :)

Today we are planning on chilling out. We are going to go get the girls from my mom's and then maybe run by the toy store and pick them up some stuff for their birthday which is only 1 week away! I can't believe that my sweet babies will be one year olds next weekend! Wow, time just flys by when your not looking :) Hope everyone else out there in blogland is having a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

Emmakirst said...

How cute is that picture!
They sure do sound like they love the water. :)

Glad you's had a good time out last night. We went to the movies last night too, we saw Pirates. It was something you should see in the theatre, just the overall sound and all that is better there. That was the first time hubby and I went on a date alone together without the baby, I missed her like crazy and couldn't wait to get home. :)

Hope you's have a great day today :)

Tonya said...

Sounds like you had a great time Mandy :) Love the piccie.. I have not had a date night in errrm... forever!!! It is getting closer.. WOW only a week to go :)

Kathy said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun-filled day--and date! That picture is so cute. Patrick loves the water too. That's so funny that Morgan actually fell asleep in the pool.