Sunday, July 09, 2006

Random Thoughts on Sunday

1. Sorry I haven't posted this week. I actually typed up this long fabulous post on Friday about the reasons why I blog and the importance it holds to me for Maddy and Morgan. I was about 7 paragraphs in to it and really going and AOL crashed and it was gone forever. I tried to get blogger to recover it but the only thing that I got back was like the first two paragraphs. I was exhausted with all that typing and just gave up. I guess I will try to retype it sometime this next week if I get in the mood.

2. Thursday was the one year anniversary from when my water broke last year. I typed up a long post about the birth story, this one I saved. But after I wrote it all out, I wasn't sure that wanted to post it afterall. It was really detailed and it brought up a lot of deep feelings and I just didn't think the timing was right for me to put it out there. I did save it, so maybe if I get up the nerve, I will hit publish and poof there it will be.

3. Today is my dad's 50th bithday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! Thanks for being so involved with the girls. This past year has been so amazing and it is so nice to be able to spend this much time with you. You have been so good to us! We all love you!
4. I am going on a diet this week. I am not looking forward to it. I will let you know how it goes.

5. Maddy and Morgan seem to be feeling a lot better. Morgan is still having some struggles with the drainage at night, but really mostly they are doing much better. Thanks for all the well wishes about that.

6. Can you tell I have nothing to talk about? Isn't that weird? I usually have so much to say but the last couple of weeks have just been so exhausting and there isn't really anything interesting going on, to put in here. I am still trying to make the effort, but my life is fairly boring right now.

7. Countdown to Maddy and Morgan's FIRST Birthday: 13 DAYS!

8. I am SO excited about the girl's birthday party. I am looking forward to it. Friday I bought the girls a present for their birthday. It is this little monkey thing that rolls across the floor and waves its arms to get the kids to crawl after it. It sings and makes monkey noises. Well I showed it to Morgan and she went nuts over it. She was so excited that if William hadn't stopped me, I would have opened it right there for her to play with. But he made me put it up for their birthday. He knows me, if I open that now, I will feel obligated to go out and buy something else to open at their party. I can't wait to see them eat cake and ice cream and to take a ton of pictures. I think I am going to make them little scrap books with all the pictures from their party so they can always remember their first birthday.

9. I really want to go to the movies. There are like five movies out that I would love to see. I really want to see "The Lake House" with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. And I would love to see "The Devil Wears Prada" with Meryl Streep. Those look good. William wants to see "Click" with Adam Sandler or "Pirates of the Carribean 2". I tried to get William to go to the drive-in last night but he said that it would be too hot and he would be too stressed with the girls. I think I am going to try again tonight. I just really want to go and we have no babysitter available right now, so the drive in would be perfect. Brigitta was out of town all week and weekend and eveyone else is busy.

10. Maddy is standing up with out support. She still won't do it all the time, but when the moment hits her right, she will stand up in the middle of the floor without holding on to anything and just stand there for a few seconds before sitting back down. Morgan is pulling up in her crib and on the side of the couch. Morgan is still not sitting much better, but hopefully soon! They are growing up so fast. I wonder if Maddy will be walking at her party?

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Walking? Yikes, but yay!

I'm sorry you lost your post the other day. I hate it when that happens! And I hope you find the courage soon to post the other one you wrote--but when you feel you're ready to share that emotional story.

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to blog tidbits today too. I don't really have anything specific to say either, but I have lots of little random things to catch everyone up on.

Oh, yeah, I'm soooo glad the girls are finally feeling better. It's about time!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Tonya said...

ya never know... she just might be :)

I have not posted much myself.. just tired and really dont have much to say...

I bet the party is going to be fantastic!! Woo hoo cant wait.

Maggie (Sarah's mom) said...

Enjoy the non-walking days while you have them. I feel like I can't keep up anymore!!!!

Amy said...

All those movies are on my to-see list, too. We saw Superman Returns (really good) and Click, which we both enjoyed. Warning, though: we thought we were going to see a comedy and I cried through about a third of the movie.

What The Hell Is This? said...

Hey sweetie! Look at those girls growing up! Give them hugs from me!

Emmakirst said...

Sorry you lost your post, that's so frustrating when that happens.

I'm like you, haven't had much to say these days. Just enjoying the outdoors i guess :)

Wow at the girls, she just may be walking by their bday, which is only 4 days after mine ;)