Sunday, July 23, 2006

A Great First Birthday Celebration

Happy Happy Happy! Well the girls had a great birthday. It was such a fun day and we were just overwhelmed with how much love and support we were all flooded with yesterday. The girls woke up bright eyed around 6:30am and we sang Happy Birthday to them as we went in to get them out of their cribs. They were in a great mood. William fed them breakfast and then I took a bath with them so we could get them dressed for their special day! I couldn't help but remember how different our lives were one year ago. After we all got ready and dressed, I had to run a few last minute errands and then we headed over to the party room. While Melissa and I got everything decorated and set up, William took the girls swimming and Tim and Beth swam with Adam (Aubree napped in the Pack N Play). Everyone started to show up right on time at 3pm. It was so much fun. There were a ton of people there and Maddy and Morgan loved being the center of attention. Our NICU friends Marty and Christy drove two hours with their triplets to come to the party. It was so great to finally see them and get together again. All five babies had a blast crawling around after each other and then after we opened the girls gifts and they "ate" cake we took them all for a dunk in the pool. We didn't get home until after 10pm last night and it took three cars to bring all their "loot" back to the house. My mom teased me that we didn't have enough house for all the toys and gifts they got. It is true. I opened all their presents this morning and layed them out in the living room for the girls to explore. It took up almost all of the floor space. They played and played with each toy and now they are passed out in their beds exhausted from all that fun :)

Thanks for all the thoughts and well wishes toward our miracle babies! We love and appreciate you all :)

5 comments:

Mandy said...

I will post pictures soon. Blogger is giving me trouble!

What The Hell Is This? said...

I was about to make a comment about pics. Can't wait to see 'em!!!

Kathy said...

I'm so glad the party went well. I was thinking about you guys all day on Saturday. I can't wait to see those pictures. (By the way, isn't blogger being annoying today?) Enjoy your relatively relaxing week now the the party excitement is over.

Tonya said...

Cant wait to see the pics!!

I am so happy they had such a great time!! I bet they are in awe over all the new toys and gifts.. I knew it would all turn out wonderful!

Maggie (Sarah's mom) said...

Happy Belated Birthday wishes!!! I'm glad the girls had a great day!