Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A Few of My Thoughts ...

We are having a ROYAL fussy pants day today in this household. The whining is at an ever increasing level and I am feeling like I time warped back to the early days when the girls first came home and Madelynn had bad colic. Today it isn't so much one baby, but both. For instance Morgan cried forever this morning and then I put her down for a nap and Maddy woke up from her three hour nap in a great mood but as soon as she realized I wasn't going to hand over my chicken salad sandwich she started a tantrum and has been going ever since. Combine this with Maddy who is now into everything, especially if it is a cord plugged into an outlet, and I am one worn out mommy. Since today feels like a Monday (because yesterday was the Memorial Day holiday) I figured I would just make it easy on myself and belt out some random musings.

1. It has been really quiet here in blogland. Blogging has taken on this whole new thing for me. I was intending to keep this as a journal and somewhere along the way I changed my mind and started writing more to please an audience. So then when I write something funny and no one comments I feel a sense of dissapointment and even some shame. Like I have emarrassed myself by putting myself out there. I wish more of my family and close friends would take the time to comment or send me an email and say "hi" every now and then. I started this to keep them updated on the girls and now they know everything that is going on with us but I never hear from some them anymore.

2. I have misplaced my journal from the NICU. I was going to look through it and maybe even post some of the things I wrote while there and now I can't find it anywhere. I know it is around the house somewhere but where? I will keep looking.

3. Maddy started really talking up a storm this weekend and she is such a daddy's girl. She has been clinging to him all weekend and today when he left for work she went and sat by the toy box by the front door and said "da da da, my da da da da, daaa eeee" over and over. Later on after her nap she woke up and was in her crib standing up on the side saying "da da da da da" It was so cute.

4. I am not really into controversy. I like things to be even and fair and civil. But have you seen Madonna! Has she gone MAD! I just saw her picture in the new People magazine on a mirrored cross with a crown of thorns on. That is so revolting to me as a Christian! I honestly just find it sad that she would feel the need to do something like that!

5. I sent Maddy to her room just now for the first time ever. She has been whining for an hour at least. She finally broke out in full on tantrum and even as I sat there trying to remedy it with this toy or another bottle of milk, she just kept screaming. I got frustrated with her and just took her to bed. It has been five minutes and I haven't heard a peep from her since I laid her down. I think she is really tired today for whatever reason.

6. Sometimes I want to use my blog to really vent, to just go off and get it all out there, but I can't because I passed my blog address out to everyone I know so they could check on the girls whenever and I don't want to ever hurt someone's feelings if they by chance read my post that day.

7. I still haven’t replaced my cell phone. I decided to wait until the first, to get a new one. I can still check my messages on it though, so if you need to reach me and the home number is busy or William doesn’t answer, just leave me a message on my cell and I will call you back.

8. I wish I could go on a vacation right now. Leave out tonight and be gone to the beach for a week at least. I need some quality time with my family. William was off yesterday, so we had a three day weekend but it wasn’t enough. I just want to get away. Away from this house. Unfortunately we are one) broke and two) William used up the last of his vacation days a couple of months ago when we had that really bad stomach flu.

9. Tonya, my blog friend, is just the best! We post comments on each others sites daily and we email each other too sometimes but I really appreciate her candor and her friendship. I appreciate all of my blog friends. Being a stay at home mom is a great job and I know that if I was working again I would really miss being home with the girls everyday. There is no place on earth I would rather be than with them, but I am SO lonely sometimes. Today is one of those days! It can be so isolating, especially with two children. It is so much work to pack up two babies. It is already so hot now outside and the girls get heavier to lug around everyday. During RSV season we went nowhere with the girls and as soon as spring hit I was so excited about the possibility of getting out more often, but alas, I am still here stuck in this little house. I have tried to take the girls outside at least once a day for fresh air and sanity. It has helped a lot but I really need to connect with other adults. People that I love and that are in my life normally, even William doesn’t understand how isolating it is. Some of the people in my life should make more of an effort I think. I am willing to pack up the kids and pack up the car seats and strollers and meet them wherever whenever but still some of them can‘t find any time to fit us in. They are just too busy. Funny, they weren’t too busy to do lunch or hang out before the girls arrived. And anyway, I don’t think it is the girls that keep them away now. Maybe it is me? Maybe I am boring now or all I have to talk about is the kids? I don’t know, but I really miss it. I miss them. I miss having my own social life. Sorry to rant, thanks to those friends and family members who do make an effort and haven’t forgotten about us in these last few months, you are the best! :)

10. Still no baby, Beth went to the doctor today and he had said if she had dilated anymore or Aubree wasn’t cooperating in any way, we would for sure have us a baby, but Aubree (with her crush on Dr. Gray - see Beth’s blog) is doing well and so we still have no new pics of a baby to post! We are getting closer though and will probably have a new little girl to spoil within the next week! So keep your eyes out for some adorable new baby pics. I have my camera loaded with new batteries and ready to go at a moment’s notice :)

Gotta go let the dog out, cuddle with my Morgan bear and check on Maddy (who is still quietly sleeping since I put her down earlier) There is a bug flying in my face too and it is driving me crazy. Sorry if I ranted more than I raved today. Maybe later I will post some cutie pie pictures I took of the girls and have been saving for you. If you get a second please drop me a line and say “hi”. I could really use the *hugs* today and a caring comment. Not feeling my best obviously!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm totally with you on 1, 6, and 9. I've noticed blogland has been quiet lately, too. I thought maybe it was just my lack of brilliance, but it's good to know the quiet is widespread. I've noticed it can get that way on weekends, especially holiday ones.

I started my blog hoping I could vent some too, and now I find myself editing out anything bad about my parents, my in-laws, or my husband's job, or many other possibly controversial subjects. It's tough to rant when you have to edit out anything controversial, especially if the rant is about the in-laws or something.

I'm also a stay-at-home mom of a preemie, so I understand your isolation. I moved the week after my son was born, so my friends are on the other side of town, not that they'd take the time to see me if I still lived close. I'm grateful for my blogging buddies because that's at least some way to socialize, and with people who have gone through similar experiences.

Hechung said...

Hi Mandy,

I just wanted to send you big HUGS and much love. You are such a warm and caring person. I can't tell you how much your comments and emails have encouraged me. You have been such a blessing in my life. I wish we lived closer together so when Alicia comes home and gets a little older, all of us could hang out together. You are obviously a wonderful mom and just a wonderful person. I hope you find your journal soon, because I love hearing about your experiences in the NICU. I'm so thankful that God has placed you and your family in our lives.

Lot's of Love,
Hechung

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mandy Lynn! I'm sorry I haven't been out there as much since I went on nights. I can't seem to figure out when I'm supposed to sleep. My body is so confused. It will really be confused when I switch back - whenever that is! Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I miss you and getting to come hang with the gals! My life has gotten pretty lonesome too. Hope I can get out there this week or weekend if you're free. I'm glad you're meeting so many people on this blog thing. That's really cool. It's good to know there's other people out there - sometimes it just doesn't seem like it. Funny, huh? Anyway, heading home from work now. See you soon I hope. Love (and bunches of hugs),
Melissa

P.S. Everyone loves my girls pictures that I put up on the computer. I leave it up so they can see them while I'm not here. Renee totally cracked up on Maddy in the playpen.

Emmakirst said...

Awwwww, sorry you aren't having such a great day. :( ((*hugs*))

I can only imagine how tiring it can be at times with 2 babies. I find the whining so exhausting more than anything.

I agree with 1. It has been quiet online. Must be the weekend with the nicer weather.

Also I understand about friends. Since I have had another baby, I haven't even spoke to one of my good friends from high school. It's like she can't be bothered or maybe has no idea what to talk to me about since she's still able to go drinking and partying it up (ugh, couldn't imagine). I figure we have totally different lives now.

Hope today is a better day! Take care.

Becci said...

Ditto Kathy on 1, 6 and 9!

Sometimes I want to rant and can't, either... I feel like there are so many people from church read it that I can't even slip the occasional cuss word when I feel the need. Or talk about the things that are frustrating me. I have even considered making ANOTHER anonymous blog that I would be able to really talk about anything I want to.

And I really find myself wondering why the no comments when there are a lot of people that read. I wonder when people who commented regularly haven't commented for over a week.... did I say something to offend? Am I not snarky enough, so they just moved on?

And the loneliness! Gah! I am stuck here!

Mandy said...

Thanks everybody! It means a lot to have online friends to talk to during the day. You can't imagine how much your comments and thoughts about my girls mean to me.

Tonya said...

Mandy - ((((Hugs))) I'm sorry I did not get to this post until today.. I went to bed really early last night because I was not feeling very good. You are so wonderful and you made me cry when you mentioned my name (I know I am a suck!) lol I know how you feel about family etc not signing.. mine doesnt either..lol They just dont know what to say or not that computer savy!! and it bugs me sometimes too.. but I have you and other bloggers that comment so that is great :)

I have no family or friends here in England so it is so depressing and sad as well.. I wish so bad I was back in Canada!! You know if we lived near each other we would be the best of friends :)

You ROCK GIRL!!! Just hang in there... and I hope you feel better soon.. Give those cuties a hug for me :)