Saturday, May 20, 2006

Splish Splash in The Baby Pool

Today we decided to grill out hotdogs and blow up the baby pool. When the girls woke up from their naps, we put them in their swimsuits and took them outside for a swim. They had a blast. Maddy even crawled around in the pool and sat against the side without support. We were really nervous that she would go under but she did well. William had to finally get in the pool with Morgan. She just isn't strong enough yet to hold herself up like that, but regardless she still had a fabulous time. Now both girls are worn out and are ready for another nap :) Here are some pictures from their adventures!






I had already put this post on the blog and I was sitting here at the computer admiring what perfect babies I have and I started thinking about when they were born. I think the second day they were here I went up to Morgan in her warming bed and watched her laying there so tiny and sick. I leaned over to her and I promised her that one day she would come home with me and she would sleep in a big fluffy crib and in the summertime I would by her a big kiddie pool and we would play and splash to her hearts content. I also promised her a pony, but don't remind her of that one. Now looking at these pictures I realize our dreams are fullfilled. We did it. We are home, we are safe, we can be together all the time now. Wow! What an amazing feeling. Being their mom is the best thing that has ever happened to me! I am so greatful to God for this chance, what more is there to say!

4 comments:

Emmakirst said...

Oh they are gorgeous. It must have been so scary to see them so small and sick. I'm so happy jor you that your 2 little miracles are here.

Maggie (Sarah's mom) said...

I love the pictures! Especially the 2nd one when Maddy is crawling - the look on her face is priceless!

Your girls are indeed miracles. I too ponder how incredible life is with my little miracle.

You better start saving for that pony....

SXYMMA said...

Thanks for standing up for me on the bluestbutterfly's page. You're girls are beautiful.

Tonya said...

Ohhh Mandy.. I love the pictures.. It looks like the girls had a great time :) I love what you wrote at the end of the post as well.. it brought tears to my eyes. I know exactly how you feel *hugs*