Wednesday, June 28, 2006

All Better

Feeling much better in our household today. Maddy is still pulling on her ears but is finally back to her happy baby self. She is playing and smiling up a storm. Morgan hasn't had a fever since last night and so we think we are all better there. We have had a nice day today.

Yesterday my back was hurting so badly that I didn't even feel like talking. I spent most of the day grinding my teeth and laying around on the couch. Brigitta, the sitter, came over around 7:30pm and played with the girls, fed them, and read them some stories before putting them to bed about 9pm. I was here at the house but my back was hurting so bad I just wanted to lay down. I am so glad that we have found someone reliable and trustworthy to come and help me out every once and a while. I really enjoyed having her come and help me.

I don't know what is wrong with my back. It feels like my sciatic nerve, as the pain is right beside my tail bone and throbs up and down my left leg. It hurt so bad yesterday that all I could do was cry. I took some tylenol but it didn't help. My relaxing hot bath turned into a luke warm bath with two babies trying to get into everything around me, so that didn't help. I didn't have a heating pad but went and got one this morning. So we will see how that does. I am actually feeling a lot better today though.

Where is everyone at? It has been so quiet here in blogland?

Well thats about all I have to say tonight. Maybe tomorrow I will try to think of something funny to write about. I am working on a post for next week. I want to write some about the girls' birth story. I feel finally ready to share it online. I think it has been a long time coming and I need to get it out there so I can start to put it past me. I feel like I have been hoarding these feelings to myself for the past year and it is just time for me to write it all out. I also found my NICU journal so I might share some of that too.

Till tomorrow...

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Yay that your sickies are better! It's too bad that you're not feeling good now, though. It's good your back problems waited until your girls needed you less, but that stinks that you're in pain at all. I hope you find out what's causing the pain soon so you can keep it from coming back.

Tonya said...

glad to hear everyone is better but sorry to hear about your back :( That must really suck. Glad you have a sitter that you trust though.. that would be a big help. It has been quiet in blogland.. I have not been posting quite as much as usual.. think maybe my readers ran away..lol

Amy said...

About 9 months after having the babies, I started having HORRIBLE lower back pain on my left side. The muscles would contract and I would feel it all the way to my knee. After about a month, I finally went to see a chiropractor. I saw him about 8 times and haven't had one bit of trouble since.

I look forward to reading the birth post. It is therapeutic, which is not the reason I began blogging (just to update family), but was pleasantly surprised at how much it helped me sort through feelings.

Glad the babes are better.

Emmakirst said...

Glad that the babies are feeling better, now we need to work on you! I hope your back gets better for you, there's nothing worse. :(
It's great that you have a reliable sitter though for times that you need a "break".

I know I haven't really been online, because of the darn heat! Oh my goodness, I'm usually gone all day with the kids then by the time we get home, it's time for bed.