Wednesday, June 21, 2006

This is how we are feeling today...

Poor Baby - Morgan Bear

Last night was rough. Maddy was really sick and we almost couldn't get her fever down. I gave her tylenol at 6pm and at 8pm her temp was 102.8 then at ten her temp was 103.4. I was really getting worried. I talked to the nurse at my doctor's answering service and she told me that I wasn't giving Maddy enough tylenol for her weight. It would have been nice if the doctor's office would have told me the correct dosage because when I looked on the side of the bottle it said 0.8mL but then really Maddy needs 1.2mL now. Whatever. Anyway, once we got the correct dose in her and a round of the antibiotics, her fever slowly went down.

This morning all was going smoothly. Maddy took her medicine and tylenol and so far hasn't had a fever. She doesn't act like she feels very good, but at least, no fever. William and I went about our routine of getting ready in the morning. I woke up feeling kinda icky since I started a new medicine the other day. I was tired too from having such a hard night with Maddy. I took a bath, fixed my hair, brushed my teeth, and got dressed in my shorts and tshirt.

William fed the girls. He put Maddy on the floor to play and Morgan in her bed for a nap. He left for work, I kept his cell phone. About an hour later I heard Morgan kinda coughing. A few seconds later I heard her choking. It took about a second to register before I layed Maddy on the floor and ran to their bedroom. Morgan was throwing up carrots in the corner of her bed. She looked up at me and smiled. I picked her up, cleaned off her little orange face, and brought her into the living room with me. "Did that Daddy feed that baby too many carrots this morning?" I asked Morgan while smiling. She smiled back. "Poor baby," I said I sat down at the computer to check my email. Maddy was playing on the floor and Morgan was cuddled up in my lap. "Cough Cough" Morgan said .... and then she leaned forward. I saw the look on her little baby face and raised my hand to her mouth, trying to catch it before it hit me. She threw up in my hand. Then projectile all over my shirt, then projectile all over my shorts and herself. Orange carrots were everywhere. It took some major manuevering to place her gently on the floor with one hand. I had her in one hand and a hand full of orange goo in the other. I went to the bathroom, cleaned my self up, stripped down, picked up Morgan stripped her down to her diaper, put her in the highchair, started a load of laundry and put on my pj's.

My plan at this point was to write an entry entitled "Pajama Party". To tell you that I was crazy to think I could "catch" her "breakfast" (why does he insist on giving them veggies for breakfast anyway - weirdo) in one hand. To tell you how hard it is to pick up a baby with one hand and strategically place her on the rug without getting more goo all over her and you and the rug at the same time. But ... while I was loading the washer and contemplating what a good story this would be, my sweetpea Morgan threw up again all over her bare belly and diaper and highchair. So I was back to square one. I was cleaning and scrubbing. I changed her diaper, moved her to the bouncy seat, and started to clean up the highchair. All of the sudden (well at this point it wasn't so unexpected really) "cough" ... "cough" ... "bleeeekkkk". All over her, the new diaper and the bouncy. We went on like this at least two more times before I gave up, grabbed a dish towel and her and called William at work.

I had to call his boss because I had his cell phone at home with me. I had to tell his boss it was an emergency with our kids to get him on the phone. I told William to come home, I just can't take care of two babies alone, one with a fever and ear infection and "need mommy clinginess" and the other upchucking all over me, her, and the furniture.

I called the doctor and when I told the receptionist Morgan was sick she mistakely thought I was talking about Maddy, since I was just there with Madelynn yesterday. "No" I said, "I really mean Morgan is sick, her twin" In this household, when it rains it pours. The nurse called me back and told me a few things to do with Morgan. I knew these already, we've already had a the stomach flu with these two.

So here we are ... we are having a BAD day. A very terrible, not so good, rotten, just overall not happy day!

8 comments:

Tonya said...

aww poor Morgan :( your right when it rains it pours.. now both of the poor girls are not feeling well.. I can so relate to the pukefest though.. we had them for a year solid.. and still have them.. just not quite as often thank God.. I hope they are better soon *hugs*

Kathy said...

Yikes! I can't imagine having two kids sick at the same time--and with totally different problems. The pukefest sounded horrific, like something out of a scary movie. Those poor babies, and poor you. That was the saddest face I've ever seen. I have a feeling yours doesn't look much happier today, either. I hope both your girls start feeling better soon.

Maggie (Sarah's mom) said...

Major hugs to everyone in your family! Sounds like too many sick people at once. I hope that everyone gets better real soon!!!

Becci said...

poor babies! I hope they are feeling better today.

Emmakirst said...

Ohhhh noo, I hope the girls get better really quickly. You're right, when it rains, it pours! I hope you are doing good too. It's gotta be tough, I know when all 3 of my children had the chicken pox at once, ARGH!

It's Kimpossible! said...

Stomach flu? Yucky! Poor girl! I know it's hard on you, too, since there's not much you can do except wait it out. all I can say is that I'm thinking of y'all and hoping for a speedy recovery for both girls.

Silly Hily said...

Awwww! Poor babies! Poor Morgan. Poor Maddy. Poor Mandy! I hope that William's boss will let him stay home with you until the girls get better. I can't imagine two babies sick at one time. I hope it gets better soon!

Maggie (Sarah's mom) said...

How's everyone doing??? I hope everyone is on the mend!