Saturday, June 03, 2006

Prayers for Aubree and Beth!

Well, little Aubree didn't have a very good day today. She wore herself out some with all the hard work of breathing and needed a little extra assistance. This afternoon the neonatologist decided to give her Surfactant and put her on the vent for the night. This was extremely hard on Beth (and the rest of us). I brought the girls up to the hospital, not knowing they didn't allow children under two in. Luckily Melissa was with me and I was able to leave them in the waiting room and go in and see Beth. When I got in the room I told Beth that they wouldn't allow the girls to in to her room. She just fell apart. She was hurting so bad for little Aubree and had had her heart set on holding Maddy and Morgan. We ended up putting Beth in a wheelchair and all of us went to the lobby. We sat around a small table eating the fast food I brought and Beth held cuddle bunny Morgan. Once she ate she started to feel a little better. So Beth and I went to the NICU to see a sweet girl! She was so laying there with the ventilator hooked up to her and was just as pink and rosy as could be. She looked a lot less labored and peaceful. Aubree's nurse explained Surfactant to us and told us that little Aubree is only on the vent to get the surfactant to move around good throughout her lungs so they will be fully coated. Using the vent is mostly about helping the medicine work. As hard as it is to see her like that, we all realize that it is what is best for her and in the long run it will help her get better faster! Please keep Aubree in your prayers tonight! Please keep Beth in your prayers tonight, she needs comfort and rest, patience and an extra dose of love all headed in her direction. Here are a couple of pictures from the yesterday. I have some from today but I forgot to bring my camera home with me :(



William (Papa) and Tim go to see Aubree for first time in NICU. Awww!


Sunday Morning 6/4/06 UPDATE: Aubree is off the vent! Yay! She is on 10% oxygen via canula and is still doing well with her breathing. Looks like the surfactant did a good job! We are going up there in a little bit to see her. Maybe today Beth will finally get to hold her close (keeping our fingers crossed).

Monday Night 6/5/06 UPDATE: Beth was discharged today from the hospital. Aubree stayed behind in the NICU but is doing well. She is no longer on any oxygen and they increased her feeds. The neonatologist is saying that she will likely come home at the end of next week. Thanks for all of your prayers and well wishes.

9 comments:

Ohjeeze said...

Consider it done! You are in my prayers and sending healing energies your way.

Tonya said...

You tell Beth to hand in there Mandy.. I will be praying for her and baby Aubree.. she will be home in no time with her beautiful daughter!

Emmakirst said...

They are in my prayers and looks like it has worked so far! Yayy for being off the vent! I hope she's got to hold her little one close today :)

Kathy said...

I'm so glad to hear the good news. I read about the problems last night and didn't have time to comment, but I was praying for Aubree. I was so excited to hear the good news when I logged on this morning.

Becci said...

I'll be praying too!

Maggie (Sarah's mom) said...

I'm glad to see she's doing better but I will continue to keep her in my prayers! Hugs!

Mandy said...

Thanks everyone for the prayers.

We went up to see them today and William and I got to go to the NICU alone to see her. When she heard my voice she kicked her leg up in the air. I said to the nurse "See, she knows who her Mimi is!". Also, Beth got to hold her for the first time today. When I got to Beth's room she was beaming from ear to ear. She was so happy.

Maggie (Sarah's mom) said...

Keep up the hard work Aubree!!!! You'll be home with mom and dad before you know it!

Emma in Canada said...

Glad to hear she's doing better. Mimi is a great name to use, my hubby has a stepdaughter that he considers his own and she has two girls that are our daughter's age. He can be the granda, but I said I'm way to young to be a granny, even if it is just a step granny.