Thursday, June 22, 2006

Quick Update

Okay, today has been a better day. Not a great day, but better than yesterday.

This morning Maddy was just soooo needy and I didn't care in the least bit because I knew she felt really bad and just wanted her mommy ... that's me! So she was all cuddles and snuggles but just pitiful and while I enjoyed the closeness I just hated that she was so puny.

I got up at 6am to find her whining on the couch. The girls room is one of the warmer rooms in the house (well until today) and so last night we put Maddy in the playpen in the living room so it would be cooler. Well William at some point in the night moved to the couch to be closer to her and then this morning he had napped with her on the couch. So when I came in the living room at 6 she was rolling around whining on the couch. William was mostly still asleep except for the occasional grunt.

She was miserable. I think the pressure in her ears was getting to her because when I picked her up she immediately was happier. She layed her head on my shoulder and I rocked her in the rocking chair. After she was good and asleep we moved to my bed. Daddy was still out on the couch. When I layed her down, she started whining and crying again. So I ended up sleeping sorta sitting up with her on my chest to keep her propped up.

Then about 9am I got up and left her in the bed. About 11am I went in and tried to rouse her and she would just flip over and go back to sleep. She was so lethargic. William called in sick to help me out. We figured it was going to be a long day of clinginess and we weren't entirely sure if she was going to need to go back to the doctor or not.

Morgan has been fine since the pukefest yesterday morning. Once she stopped throwing up and got some pedilite in her, she was much happier. So she just mostly crawled around and played all day. That was a big relief. Having two very sick babies is sooo hard.

So anyway, Maddy is still not feeling good. She hasn't really played at all today and that isn't like her. She is puny and sleeping a lot and when she is awake she mostly cries the "pitiful cry". She sounds a little hoarse but I wonder if that is from all the "waaaaa waaaaa waaaaa"ing, she has done today? She has had a fever off and on all day.

We have now given her five doses of the amoxicillan, if she isn't much better by the morning I am calling the doctor back. The medicine should be working by then, right?

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm so relieved to hear things are somewhat better today. I was worried when you hadn't blogged all day. That helps that Morgan got over the puking quickly. Poor Maddy, though! If she's still feeling that puny tomorrow, it probably is a good idea to at least call the doctor. Even if that's completely normal, it would make you feel better about it. I'm sending happy thoughts your way that tomorrow Maddy wakes up happy and better.

Tonya said...

Oh poor girl.. Yes you would think the pills would be working by then.. If she is not showing signs of getting better I would give them a call. I know that having an ear infection is really painful (I had the worst one when I was pregnant) and it hurts alot more when you lay down so that is probably why she wants to be upright more.

Glad Morgan is feeling better :)

Silly Hily said...

Isn't is just the worst feeling to know that your babies don't feel good and there isn't anything you can do to make it better in a second.
Mia was the same way. She was always such a happy baby so when she was grumpy and/or sleepy all the time, I knew something was wrong. I hope the medicine kicks in ASAP so she can go back to her normal self and so you and William both can relax a little.