Monday, June 19, 2006

Monday's Post - Random Thoughts

1. We had a nice weekend. We really didn't do anything special. Saturday, it was raining but I had made plans with my girlfriends to do something. So Maddy and I went to the mall where we met up with Melissa and Alissa. We had lunch at this little restaurant in the food court where all the waiters and waitresses seemed to be suffering from something. They were all dragging around acting really really out of it. It was kinda funny because I thought they all seemed to be in slow motion. But really I think mostly our waiter was just suffering from a bad case of laziness. Then halfway through our meal the lights went out over us and then completely went out in the restaurant. It was storming really bad. The lights came back on right away and we finished our meal and then went shopping.

2. Sunday was Father's Day. We were going to go to church with Tim and Beth but when I called them, Beth, said they weren't going to go in the morning. So that was out. We got up and took the girl's with us to Ryan's (*yuk) William loves Ryan's and I never let him eat there because I don't like it at all, but since it was Father's Day, I said we could go. And really it wasn't all that bad. The shrimp was good and the salad was good. *I am not a big fan of buffets.*

3. I bought Maddy and Morgan these little mesh bag things that you put food in and then they chew on it and it mushes the food in the bag so they can eat it. We took them to Ryan's with us and the girls went nuts. We put watermelon and peaches in it and I think we put pineapple in it too. They were so content and happy. Maddy especially liked it because the food was cold and she is teething a lot more these days.

4. After that we drove all the way across town to Babies R' Us to look for one of those shopping cart covers that you put in the front of your cart. Now that Maddy is sitting good, she is ready to sit in the front of the cart or in a high chair at a restaurant. But since she is teething she tries to use the metal bars or wooden sides of the chair to chew on. This is so gross and makes me crazy because all I see is germs when I look at it. Even though I doused it in purrell and her in purrell, I need one of those covers to fully feel comfortable. After a 45 minute drive to the store, they only had dark blue ones. They had about 50 of them but they were all in dark blue. I want something girly. And did you know those things cost like $40.00 a piece. My mom said she would buy them though, so I am going to look online and try to find a cute one.

5. We watched four movies this weekend. Yep, that's right, I said four. I told you we didn't really do anything. I even took two naps (during the movies) but hey, it was nice and relaxing. Here's the review:

We rented Hoodwinked - Rated PG and is animated but seemed like it might be funny. Was pretty good. We watched it over the course of two days. The first time we watched it William fell asleep (but it was late at night) The second time we watched it I fell asleep at the end. I would say overall it was okay. But I wouldn't bother watching it again.

Pink Panther - Staring Steve Martin and Beyonce. I actually really like this movie. I thought it was a cute movie. Simple and not very challenging but I was so tired that it was nice to not have to watch something you have to think through.

Aquamarine - I liked it okay. Very young. Would have loved it if I was a teenage or preteen girl. It was a simple and sweet movie but glad I didn't go to the theatre to see it.

Date Movie- Spoof like Scary Movie - It was funny in parts. I wouldn't watch it again.

6. This morning I took the girls to get weighed. Maddy is weighing in a 15lbs. even and Morgan was 13lbs 14oz. I was worried you know. Looks like we may have to stay on the higher calorie formula for longer. I will let you know more about this later I guess.

7. When William left for work a little bit ago, he put Maddy in the playpen and Morgan is asleep in her crib. Maddy was playing and I layed down on the couch. I fell asleep and woke up a few minutes later to a screeching baby. She was fine, just standing up in the pen looking at me and screeching. I was so sleepy that I just pulled the cover over my head and went back to sleep. She is safe in her playpen and wasn't crying. It was like when she realized I was there within her range, she wanted out. The funny thing is that when I covered my head up with the blanket and I dissappeared to her. She sat down and started playing again. While snoozing in and out I pulled the blanket down accidently and sure enough she saw me again and started screeching again. We went on like this for a good thirty minutes. I would cover up, drift off, she'd play, I'd uncover accidently in my sleep and she would stand up and hollar at me. I finally gave up. Now that I am up she seems completely content to play in the playpen again. Why do I have to be awake for her to play? Now I hear Morgan in there so my dreams of taking another cat nap are now dashed. :( I am really sleepy today.

8. We went to tour the YMCA yesterday here in our town. I have always thought of the Y as a place for like transient homeless men so you can imagine my surprise when we pulled up to a nice brick building. We went inside, I still wasn't expecting much, and the place was pristine. Clean and huge. They had a meeting, party room, an olympic size indoor swimming pool that had a few families playing in it with their kids. One family even had twin babies, a boy and a girl. They had a nice big aerobics room where they also hold classes for ballet and tumbling, free for children 3 and up. That will be nice for the girls later. They had a CLEAN free childcare room that was big and had rocking chairs and lots of toys. It was empty yesterday because the childcare isn't open on Sunday's. But I noticed there were toys in the drainer that they had recently washed. They had a state of the art cardio room with treadmills and bikes and elliptical machines with T.V. to watch while working out. Oh and the windows from the cardio room look straight in on the nursery so you can watch the kids while you exercise. I like that. They had an area with all the weight equiptment (I doubt I will use that anytime soon). The best and most fabulous part for me was the water park out back. A real water park. When I called and they said they had a water park and an indoor pool, I figured water park meant like sprinklers and stuff out back. If it meant pool, why didn't they say pool. Why? Because it is a brand new pristine water park. It is a huge pool. On one side it is like 1 1/4 foot deep. The babies could sit and play with me in the pool. On the other end it is deeper like 5 feet or something and it has slides the big kids can go down. Big slides. I would say overall I was very impressed. I think we are planning on joining next weekend. They gave us a two day pass but we didn't feel like going back last night to try out the pool. So we are planning on going this coming weekend. A family membership wasn't too expensive and you can cancel your membership at any time with a ten day notice. So when RSV season gets back we can stop going and pick back up in the spring again.

9. Please keep the Hurt Family in your prayers. They are our NICU buddies. They had triplets when the girls were two weeks old. We have been keeping up with each other ever since. We all went to the step down unit together and then home from the NICU about the same time. The youngest girl, and smallest of their triplets, is sick and was admitted to the hospital last night. She has a cold and needed some fluids and antibiotics. The dad said they would probably release her tonight or tomorrow. Just if you can, please say a prayer for them all. I think they have all been sick for awhile and it is a struggle when you have one baby sick, much less three at one time.

10. I better get off of here. Maddy is one hungry girl! Time for lunch :)

6 comments:

Tonya said...

Sounds like a good and busy weekend Mandy :) None of the movie appeal to me really but boy would I like to rent a movie soon and just sit down and watch one.

I had the same impression of the YMCA as you.. not being very good but it is great to hear that it is actually a good place. Sure sounds nice to me :)

OMG @ the price of those shopping cart covers... that is ridiculous.. My MIL would probably make one.. lol

I will keep the Hurt family in my prayers :)

Hope you get some sleep soon!!

Kathy said...

I'm glad it looks like the Y is going to be a good place for you. I've heard the ones here are overpriced for what they offer too. But I haven't seen one with a water park before!

How weird that Patrick is almost exactly the same size as Morgan. Both your girls look so much bigger in their pictures, I guess.

Mandy said...

$3000, what? OMG ... Here it is only $58.00 a month for the whole family and you can cancel and not pay anymore at any time. No contracts. I think we will probably join for the summer so we can use the pool and I can work out. The only thing holding me back is the childcare. I am just really nervous about leaving my kids in any kind of childcare and around other kids. I like that I can see them though while I work out and I thought that during the summer I might take one swimming and leave the other in the nursery so I can have some one on one time with the one. They said something about low impact water aerobics you can bring your baby to? Hmm.. still thinking about it.

Maggie (Sarah's mom) said...

OMG - you had a busy weekend!!!

At 11 months, Sarah was at 14 lbs 6 oz. She had been at 12 even at her 9 mo. At 16 months, she's at 18lbs 14 oz. She finally hit the 5% curve. Her pedi wasn't concerned. He figured she'd hit it at 18 months, so she's stepped up her rate a little.

Sarah just stepped off the 22 cal formula at 15 1/2 mo. We had done a stair step down starting at her 1 year (Mar 26 cal, Apr 24 cal, May 22 calories, June 20 cals). We are still on formula until her weight check (head size check too since it's huge!) next week. The pedi thinks she needs the extra vitamins.

Both of your girls sound in range!

Emmakirst said...

It sounds like you had a good weekend. We are total movie watchers here too. I guess with all our kids, less chances for us to get out. I liked Aquamarine, my 10yr old loved it, so it was like for a pre-teen. :)

The YMCA sounds great! I would LOVE for something to be available around here. But unfortunately there isn't. :(

Wow at the sizes of the girls. My Ava is 13 lbs now, she's 10 1/2 wks old! Haha. Isn't that amazing??

Too cute about her yelling to you everytime she'd see you under the covers. :)

The shopping cart covers sure sound like a great idea, yuck at the thought of sucking on the bare handles (makes me cringe when i see kids doing it) So hopefully you can get something girly. :)

I'll keep the Hurt family in my thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery.

Must go now to sleep and take advantage while baby is alseep.
Take care.

It's Kimpossible! said...

I just wanted to let you know that I will also be thinking of the Hurt family. Oh, and I totally hear you on the Ryan's thing. I don't care for buffets either, but my hubbie loves them. Yucky!