Friday, June 23, 2006

Running on Empty ...

It has been one really long week. I am so exhausted from the girls being sick. Maddy is still not feeling a lot better and slept most of the day. I called the doctor's office this morning to find out what they thought and the stupid nurse said, "Well, sometimes it takes up to four days for the medicine to start working. If she gets worse over the weekend, just take her to the ER and if not then we will talk to you on Monday" What? Are you telling me that the medicine would not only not start working for FOUR days but she would get worse and worse in the meantime. I don't know how this stuff works but it would seem to me that even if she didn't improve right away on the antibiotic, she should at least be heading in the right direction, not getting worse. Poor sweet baby has almost completely lost her voice and is now coughing too. She still has fever off and on (at least not all the time now) and she is sleeping almost the entire day.

Morgan hasn't thrown up since the other morning, so that was good .... but .... she is now running fever and so I am assuming is coming down with whatever Maddy has. She started running fever around 8pm tonight and so there is really nothing I can do for her, except Tylenol, until Monday when the doctor's office opens.

Just about the time I start expecting things to look up, Morgan comes down with it. So I am looking at a minimum of another week of this crap. I am seriously running on empty and am starting to daydream of hiring a babysitter to watch the girls while I sleep.

I am so tired and I AM getting to sleep almost all night everynight, so I don't know why I am so worn out. Could it be that they are more demanding and so I have less downtime during the day? Could it be the worrying is causing me to be physically tired? Or am I fighting this bug off too and that is why I am so exhausted? Whatever the reason, I know I could really use some good R&R time. I would love to just curl up in bed and watch t.v. or read a magazine.

We had quite a few visitors today. Melissa and Alissa came by for lunch to see me and the girls. Melissa brought lunch and Alissa brought the girls story books from her Hawaiian honeymoon. She was saving them for their birthday but brought them today since they were under the weather. It was nice to finally have other adults to talk to. Then tonight my mom and Scott came by to see the girls. Mom brought souvenirs from her Vegas work trip for the girls. The shirts were so cute. My favorite was one pink one that said "I need lots of TLC - Toys, Love, and Candy"

Here are a couple of pictures from the last few days. I took them but am just now uploading them to the computer:


Morgan checks on her sissy


Maddy makes her "snooty" face

Mimi and Maddy

Poppy and Morgan




7 comments:

Maggie (Sarah's mom) said...

I love the picture of Morgan checking up on Maddy! Awww...it's what sisters are for!

Emmakirst said...

I can just imagine how exhausting it would be to take care of twins let alone sick twins. I just hope that Morgan doesn't get as sick as Maddy. I'm with you, you'd think she'd get a little better from the meds. Hoping she is much better today.

Cute pic of the girls together.

Tonya said...

Oh Mandy.. I feel for you and wish there was something I could do to help you out over there *hugs* It so sucks both of the girls being sick and having to deal with that all day long. I really hope the meds start to work soon :( poor girls.. and poor mommy having to deal with all of it!

The pictures are great as usual.. those girls get more gorgeous everyday! and I love the one of them together... awww checkin her sis.. too cute :)

Kathy said...

I'm so sorry Maddy's still feeling puny. And that totally stinks that Morgan's getting it too. It may have been expected, but I know you were hoping to only have to deal with one sicky at a time.

I love that picture of Morgan tending to Maddy! That is so sweet. You can tell how much your girls care about each other.

Chastity said...

That picture of one girl feeding the other is priceless...soooo sweet!

Becci said...

Poor babies! I can't imagine how tired you all must be. I hope they get better and not worse (stupid nurse!). I mean, hello isn't that the point of antibiotics???

What The Hell Is This? said...

Oh honey!!! Get some sleep sweetie. Give my girls kisses for me and I hope they really start feeling better.