Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Good Days!

I haven't been in the mood to write very much the last few days. I guess I have just been so tired from all the running around I have done. Starting last Thursday when Beth delivered Aubree, the girls were mostly with Brigitta, our sitter or with friends and family. Maddy was very clingy when we would come home and didn't want to even play on the floor like she usually does. She would just sit at my feet and cry, whenever I would attempt to spend any time online. Now that things are settling down a bit, I am trying to get back into our usual routine.

Yesterday my dad came to see us. He played on the floor with the girls forever. They had such a good time crawling over him. You would think he was a baby jungle gym. It was nice to see them having such a good time.

Since the girls were born, my dad has been a constant fixture in our lives. He visits with us almost every weekend and the girls are getting really used to having him around. Morgan is a PawPaw's girl. She loves running her fingers through his beard when she is sleepy. Yesterday the girls were playing with Pawpaw and they started babbling and cooing. Dad interpreted. He said that they were saying they wanted him to take them to Wal-Mart to buy toys. I laughed and totally agreed. I packed them up and off we went. He bought them a Baby Einstein Turtle Teether, a Soft Snail Rattle, a Little Tikes mini keyboard, and a Playskool Step Start Walk n' Ride. He also bought them some diapers.

The Playskool Step Start Walk n' Ride is too cool. If you fold it one way it is a walker. If you fold it down it is a little car they can ride. It was just too cute. Here are some pictures of Maddy playing with it. She really likes it a lot. I wish it had breaks on it though as it rolls forward quite fast and she isn't quite ready to walk that fast yet. I am hoping that this toy will help her with her walking skills and maybe she will be ready to walk by her birthday. She is so close. My babies are amazing :)

Morgan likes the new toys too, but I think her favorite new toy right now is a green frog that my mom bought her last week. It is so cute. When you shake it, it giggles and talks. She shakes it and then doubles over laughing at it. Fun to watch.

I love my mom and dad. I appreciate their love and support. It can be hard as a family on one income to try to get all the things that the girls need all the time. Diapers are hard enough to afford with two babies, toys come last in the budget. It is such a relief when the girls get something new to play with that makes them happy, that helps them develop creativity and other developmental skills.

Today I got up and ran some errands. I met Melissa for lunch at Applebee's. The food and service was okay. Our waitress was so ditzy. We had a good time though. It is nice to have friends who love us and who are there for us as well. William and I are lucky to have such a strong support system in our lives. We only hope that we are as good to those who love us as they are to us! Well I guess I better get back to playing with my sweet babies. They are into everything these days and can only be contained in the playpen or jumper for short periods. My house is so messy right now. There are shoes on top of the t.v. and toys all over the floor. They are crawling room to room one in front of the other, like follow the leader. This morning they pulled stuff off a low lying shelf. I never did officially baby proof the house but now I wish I had. Now I mostly go around picking things out of the way as we go along. This leads for an incredibly unorganized home. Now where did I put the remote :)

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Love the piccies Mandy! I was wondering what has happened to you lately..lol I've missed ya! Im so glad you have a good support system.. it is so important :) *hugs*