Friday, June 02, 2006

My Favorite Blogs and Links!

Tonya did a post like this not too long ago and I thought since it is Friday and I never seem to have anything to say on the weekends I would just let you know why I love some of these blogs and links, and if you have time you can take a second to check them out!

Our March of Dimes Family Team Page:
If sometime during the year you find that you have a few spare dollars, please consider donating it to the March of Dimes. It doesn't have to be in honor of the girls, but we sure would appreciate it if you did!

Beth's Blog
Beth is . . . if you want to be technical, she is my "daughter in law". Even though I am barely older than her and Tim. Tim is William's son and Maddy and Morgan's half brother (though in heart, he is their WHOLE brother ... The girls were born on his birthday, they are 23 years apart exactly) Beth is more than family, she has fast become one of my best friends. We get along really well.

Family Pictures
This is Beth's online picture album. I have it on my site because it has several pictures of us and Adam. It has some NICU pictures of the girls and soon should have some of them right after they came home. It also has family pictures from events like Easter and the Zoo.

Waiting for Aubree
If you saw yesterday's post, you know that we are no longer waiting. Aubree Elizabeth is here! Start checking next week for new pictures of our precious new family member. I am Adam and Aubree's, Mimi! Don't call me grandma yet, I'm only 27 :)

BHS Class of 1997
This is my graduating class. Really there is no good reason for this to be on my site, other than it makes it easy for me to check it when I need to. Casey, Hilary, and Lizzie P. might like it there since we all graduated together :)

My Crazy Cousin
Newly started and newly added, as in today! This really is my crazy cousin's blog. She is one of the most inventive and creative people I know. I am sure I will get a huge kick out of reading her blog everyday! When we were kids, heck even now, she comes up with some of the funniest, crazy things you will ever hear. Take a second and at least read her profile - it had me doubled over laughing!

Silly Hily
Another cousin! Hilary is very funny and just had a new baby boy, Domenic! She has an older daughter, Mia, too. Reading Hilary's blog is what got me started with my blog. She inspired me with her humorous stories of pregnancy while working. Very entertaining read.

Carrie's Blog
Just added Carrie's blog to my site. This is my cousin as well! Okay I know what you are saying ... "enough with the cousins" but who doesn't have a ton of cousins :) Carrie found me through Hilary's blog (Hilary and Carrie are stepsisters) Carrie's blog is brand new. I added it as soon as I read it so that I would be sure to check it every day when I make rounds. Rounds? Doesn't that sound all official. Us stay at home mom's have to mix things up every once in a while. I just like the way it sounds :)

Casey's Blog
Gotta love Casey! I do! Casey and I graduated from High School together! I honestly had no idea who she was until we connected again on our class website when I posted that I was having twins. Casey also had twin girls - Mercy and Grace - but sadly they were born 17 weeks too soon. When I was on bedrest in the hospital, Casey came to my room to visit and keep me company. She was a pillar of strength and walked me through the tough parts. She has encouraged me and inspired me. She genuinely loves my girls and I genuinely love her angel babies and Gavin!

This is Tonya's blog. She is my blog friend. She was probably the first stranger to post on my blog and we became good friends fast. She used to be the only person I could count on to post a comment on my site and that meant the world to me, still does. I look forward to seeing what she has to say everyday. I love her blog and think she is just the coolest. If blogland was highschool I think Tonya would be the one who everyone wanted to be friends with! She has made a lot of connections and several of my family and friends feel like they know her just from reading her site! She also has all the fun things on her site to do, like random questions everyday, and quizzes, and then and now posts. Tonya is mommy to Randie(gorgeous) who was also a preemie like my girls. We have a lot in common!

Motherhood Isn't for Wimps
Just a site I like to read. It isn't updated everyday but when it is, it makes my day! Very funny read!

Miracle Sarah
Maggie's blog. Mom to preemie Sarah. She always has something nice to say and since she is another preemie mom, we have much in common. It is nice to connect with other parents who have been in your shoes. People who can fully understand some of the harder things you have been through!

Becci's Bedrest and Beyond
Becci is on bedrest with baby Dorothy and is around 25 weeks pregnant now. She has an incompetant cervix and has one angel baby, Kaily Beth, who was sadly lost at four months gestation. Becci is taking us all along for her ride on bedrest. She is sometimes bored but never boring. She keeps us laughing with her antics from the couch. Sometimes she is sad or lonely, which is to be expected when on bedrest - I certainly felt that way at times. She is such a sweet person and we are all looking forward to several more weeks of bedrest for Becci, then a huge celebration when Dorothy gets here and we finally see some pictures of that sweet baby!

Pray for Alicia
Tiny Alicia, still in NICU. Doing very well in NICU but mom and dad (Hechung and Mike) really need all the prayers they can get. Is there a better place to start a prayer chain then the internet, I think not. I really feel for Hechung and Mike. I have walked in those NICU shoes and some of the feelings and things (though unique to them) I feel like I have felt myself. I want to be a support and a friend and I can't wait to see God's answer to all of our prayers when sweet Alicia comes home from the hospital.

Pray for David
I don't remember how I came across this site to begin with, but I took one look at little David and I fell in love. Just something so special about him to me. Maybe it is the fact that he is having tummy troubles similar to what the girls went through. Maybe it is that he is a preemie. I don't know but I started praying and I won't stop praying for this little bug till he is safe at home with his mommy! P.S. I will probaby keep praying even after he comes home :)

Tiny Kingdom
Twin mom I ran across while blog roll hopping. I was on someones site and clicked on a site on their blog roll and from there I clicked on this site because it was under the category of twins. It is hilarious. Anne, the author of the blog, is just to funny and so creative. I read this blog to William sometimes when he gets home from work! Her twin (boys) are school age!

Emma Kirsten
Mommy of four from Canada. We are the same age. I really like Emma. She always has something postive to say and her kids are so cute. I am really new to her blog so I don't have a ton of details to give you. But I will say that I really enjoy reading it. Funny how reading and commenting back and forth can really create fast and close friendships with people you would probably have never met otherwise. We are all so lucky!

All About the Boy
Last but certainly not least, mom Kathy, to preemie Patrick. Ahhh, the adventures of parenting preemies. It is nice that we have all found each other and in some ways created our own network, our own sort of support group to help us vent and encourage and celebrate with one another the milestones our miracle children make. Wanna see a cute baby, check out Patrick!

Well I hope I didn't bore everyone to death. Now I look at this post and realize how long it is! Oh well, I wouldn't delete anything. I want those on my blogroll to know how much I like each of them and how happy I am that we all have a place we can share and learn together. Blogland to me is a place where I come, not only to update friends and family on the girls, but also to reach out for some validation the days when I need it. Encouragement and support on the hard days, and a place for a good laugh or some entertainment everyday. I have never been one of those people who spends countless hours watching t.v. or playing on the internet, but now I can't wait to have a minute of free time to check my site and those on the list above. Love and hugs to you all!

5 comments:

Tonya said...

Aww thank you so much for the kind words Mandy *blush* I think you.. your family.. your gorgeous girls.. ROCK!! and I wish we lived near each other because we would get along great :) I will check out the couple there that are new.. we already post on alot of the same blogs :) *our blog ring* as it seems..lol

Emmakirst said...

I'm with Tonya, thank you so much for the wonderful comments. :)

I'll be sure to check out the other sites that I haven't yet.

I enjoy reading your blog and can't wait to see what is happening with you and your girls as well as everyone in the "blog ring". :)

Becci said...

You're so sweet! Thanks for making my day.

Maggie (Sarah's mom) said...

Thanks for the nice words.

I TOTALLY agree about Tonya!

Hechung said...

Thank you so much Mandy. You have been such a great friend to us. Thanks for your support and love!