Monday, June 26, 2006

In The Trenches

Sorry I haven't updated in a couple of days. I have been what you call "in the trenches" Maddy is finally starting to perk up. She is still hoarse and still puny. She is finally playing again but this time if she falls down or can't get to what she wants, she just stops and cries that heartbroken cry. She is wanting to be "babied" and held a lot more than usual. She is usually VERY independent and has not been so at all since getting sick, last week. I do see some improvements though.

Morgan has had a fever since Friday night. I took her to the doctor's office this morning and she doesn't have an ear infection. They thought she might have strep, since her throat is so swollen and red, but it wasn't strep and was a virus.
Both girls have a slight rash on their faces? Maybe from fever? I don't know.
So, no antibiotics for Morgan. We just have to let it run its course. Yipee!

Saturday I cleaned house all day and then Sunday we had Beth's baby shower for Aubree at my house. It was nice but hectic and I am relieved it is over. It is hard to take care of two sick babies, clean, decorate, throw a party, and be sociable, on so little sleep, all at one time. The party was really nice though and Beth got a ton of really cute stuff.

Here are a couple of pictures from the shower and of the girls, to hold you over until I have time to write something more creative or interesting. Right now I feel barely able to communicate much less write creatively. :) I'll be back to normal soon I am sure and then I will have lots of wonderful things to say ... maybe?!!?



1 comment:

Kathy said...

I'm glad to hear Maddy's finally starting to feel better. I bet you were disappointed that Morgan was diagnosed with something else, though. There's still that possibility that they pass their illness to each other, and I can tell you wouldn't be able to handle two sickies for that much longer. I hope instead they both start feeling lots better soon.