Sunday, June 11, 2006

Busy Busy Happy Weekend!

This weekend we were so busy! On Saturday we threw my mom a suprise Birthday party. She was so shocked. It was a big birthday for her and her friend Mindy and I organized the whole thing. It turned out really well! My mom is really smart and so it was tough trying to keep it a surprise. I was expecting her to figure it out at any minute. The funny thing is the party was held at Michele's house, another of mom's friends, and while we were still setting up, I asked William to park my car down the street. He got busy with the girls and forgot to move it. So when she pulled up to the house, for what she thought was just dinner with Michele, my car was in the driveway with both carseats visible in the backseat, and she still didn't catch on. Then when Mindy answered the door she was holding Maddy in her arms. Mom said later that her first thought was "Oh, Michele invited Mindy over for dinner too, how cool!" Then it dawned on her that Mindy was holding Maddy, at that moment we all jumped out and yelled surprise. It was perfect :) Here are some pictures from the festivities...


My Aunt Susan holding Morgan before Mom and Scott arrived.
Mom's Birthday Cake

Mom cutting her cake!

Morgan says "mmmm.. Icing is yummy!"

Okay so that was fun! By the time we got home the girls were just beat. They slept the whole ride home and William put them straight to bed in their cribs once home. They slept all night and woke up at about 6am. So from 9:30pm to 6am.

Then today we went to my Aunt Susan's house to do family birthday and Father's Day. My mom is going to Las Vegas on business next week so we had to do things a week early. We had a pool party. This wasn't the first time the girls have been in a big pool but it was the first time they have been in a big pool with all the family together. It was the first time they have been out in the sun for an entire afternoon. Let's just say that Banana Boat Baby SPF 50 works really well. They didn't even get a tan. Plus when I bought their swim diapers it came with a free sample of these little stickers you put on the baby (you can see it in the pictures below) and they change color to let you know when it is time to reapply sunscreen. They worked marvelously! I plan on buying some more next time I am at the store. We had so much fun. Maddy has always been a water baby, but Morgan was always sorta shy in the water. Today she was so excited to play in the pool. She was all smiles and splashing and kicking her little feet and arms. She was so cute. They both were. I had so much fun just moving her around in the water. Here are some cutie pie pictures from today ...

Morgan chillin' out in the pool :) Maddy Moo sits on the steps and splashes.
See her sun sticker? It's a fishyMorgan in her shady pool float!

Well, I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I think that even though we were busy every minute this weekend, overall it was wonderful. I am still looking forward to next weekend though, when we can hang out at home and be lazy ...

3 comments:

Kathy said...

How fun! That's great that they love the pool. I wish we had more chances to take Patrick swimming. He loved his one experience with it. And I love the picture of Morgan in the dress. I'm jealous that you get to dress up your little ones in cute dresses. Little boy suits just aren't quite as cute!

Becci said...

sounds like fun! love the pics of the girls.

Tonya said...

oh those 2 little sweetpea's are as adorable as ever and what a great idea with the sun stickers!!! I need to look for some of them.. Randie has tan on her arms I can see it already and it bugs me because you would think they wouldn't get a tan with the sunscreen on??

Anyway its so cool that your moms birthday was a surprise.. Is your moms name "Robbie"? or am I reading the cake wrong? lol It is is Robbie that is WAY too cool..lol

Anyway glad you had such a good weekend.. Wish me and Randie were there to play with Morgan and Maddy during the festivities :)