Thursday, June 15, 2006

Babies Babies ... Everywhere

This has been a very busy week for me. I am not complaining though, as it has been nice to get out of the house and have things to do! On Monday, William stayed home from work and Charla came over to do therapy with the girls.

On Tuesday, we had the March of Dimes awards luncheon to attend. Melissa and I took the girls and met up with Casey and Gavin. Ohhhh, he is so sweet. I held him for a little while and he just nuzzled close. What a lovebug! Casey looked great too and it was so nice to see her.




On Wednesday, that was yesterday right, yesterday we went to see Miss Aubree Elizabeth who came home from the hospital on Tuesday. William and I got up and went over to the house to see her and she was so tiny. Just so you know, I am completly in love with that baby! She mostly slept all day but it was so sweet to just gaze in and watch her. We all went to lunch together at this little cafe down the road from Beth's house. So it was Beth and Adam and Aubree, Nora (Beth's mommy) and Keith (Beth's little brother), Me and Maddy and Morgan. I think the waitress wanted to faint when she saw us coming in with all those kids.




In between all these crazy outings I have been frantically cleaning house and taking care of two monkeys who are in and out of everything. Last night I washed all the girls' toys in the sink, you know the rattles and teethers and other plastic stuff. Then I used that new "Clorox Anywhere Hard Surfaces" cleaner that is supposed to be safe for toys and other kids stuff. I dried it all good, and put it back in the bucket, and back in the playpen. Maddy was already in the playpen drinking her bottle. I went to give Morgan a bath and when I came back, Madelynn was sitting up in the playpen licking each and every toy from the bucket. She would lick it and drop it and get a new toy from the bucket. William said she was fixing them for me. It was too funny. It really was like she was concerned that I had washed the flavors off :)

Maddy - getting taller everyday!

Morgan crawling through her bouncer!
What a little monkey!

Today, I am meeting my cousin Carrie for lunch. She is bringing her little girl Alexis. I am excited to see them. I haven't seen Carrie probably since we were right out of highschool, so it has been years. I really want to catch up and it is nice to finally be in touch with some other mommies.

I guess I will go and get a few things done before the day gets wild. Check out Beth's Blog and see the new pictures of Aubree. Let her know how happy you are for her, I am sure she would love to hear from everyone :)

7 comments:

Becci said...

LOL about the licking! How do they KNOW stuff like that???

Kathy said...

Yay that Aubree came home! She looks so tiny between Maddy and Morgan. I bet there was a time when you thought that would never happen!

That's great that you so carefully cleaned everything...and that they so carefully re-cleaned them their way after. That makes me laugh.

Maggie (Sarah's mom) said...

Maddie and Morgan look SO big compared to Aubree! Isn't that a funny thought? Who thinks their preemies ever look big?

Tonya said...

That is too cute and the pictures are adorable. I love the one of Maddy standing in the playpen getting taller everyday.. I was just looking at those pictures of Randie barely able to peek over the side when I was looking for the other playpen pics.. she looks so adorable!

Glad you have been busy and having a good time meeting up with other moms :) Aubree is too stinkin cute!

I hope you have a great visit with Carrie today!!

Emmakirst said...

That is too funny about licking the toys! hehe.

So glad that Aubree is home!
My pc hates me, so I can't see the pics yet. :( I'll try again later. Hope you have a good time with Carrie.

Silly Hily said...

Maddy was all, "MOM! What were you thinking?"
Awwwww, you can Carrie are finally doing lunch? :-( I wish, wish, wish I could come meet y'all and I hate that we were never able to get together while I was on maternity leave. It just all went by so fast. Y'all have a fabulous lunch together with all the girls. Hopefully one day soon y'all can do lunch again and I will be able to come also.

Anonymous said...

I love the way you tell your family stories. You are my pride and joy and I love you too much for words. Mommy (Mimi)